CRISIS CENTER OF ANDERSON AND CHEROKEE COUNTIES MISSION STATEMENT
The aims and purposes of the Crisis Center of Anderson and Cherokee Counties are summarized as follows:
- to provide a safe, temporary place in a homelike, supportive environment to enable the battering victim or non-offending family members of child victims to examine available choices for her/himself and any children the victim may have;
- to educate the community, its agencies and citizens on the needs and experiences of battered and abused women, men and children and the problem of family violence in general;
- to pursue long range goals to strengthen the family unit and to prevent and reduce the occurrence of violence within the family;
- to provide counseling and other non-resident services for any victim of family violence, sexual assault or other victim of violent crime.
- to coordinate services with all governmental and non-governmental providers in our service area to insure the provision of the best services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse.
The Mission Statement for the Crisis Center of Anderson and Cherokee Counties is as follows:
To empower, enhance and enrich the lives of victims of family violence, child abuse and sexual assault.
CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Child Advocacy Center of the Crisis Center of Anderson and Cherokee Counties is to ensure that a multi-disciplinary team act in partnership to deliver comprehensive services to meet the needs of child victims of sexual and severe physical abuse and their family members:
- to enable the child and the child's non-offending family members to return to a sense of safety, trust and control through appropriate therapeutic treatment;
-to reduce the number of interviews required of a child abuse victim in order to minimize the negative impact of the investigation;
-to facilitate investigation and prosecution of those individuals who perpetrate these crimes against the children of Anderson and Cherokee Counties.